BLOOMFIELD FOX HILLS SUBDIVISION                               11-15-12
 
The Fox Hills Subdivision area was initially farmland and owned be many individuals as far as can be discerned from available hand written records (typewriters had not been invented yet) dated 1873. It was bounded by South Boulevard on the north, I-75 on the East, an unplatted area on the south (now the Fox Hills Apartments) and Opdyke Road on the west. 
Information presented was obtained from the Oakland County Clerk’s Office in the Oakland County Complex, 1200 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan, 48341-0480.
HOME CONSTRUCTION
Houses in our Subdivision were constructed in five (5) Phases from early 1963 through early 1973. Houses include colonials, tri-levels, ranches and quads.
 PHASE NO. 1 - BLOOMFIELD FOX HILLS SUBDIVISION
Houses built in this Phase were by Smith-Sullivan Building Company and Grant Construction Company for Lots 1 through 98 (98 lots) which make up the northern section of our Subdivision. They were platted on November 14, 1963 and are recorded on Liber 109, pages 28-30. They include house numbers 1510 through 1605 Old Chatham Drive, 420 through 698 Fox River Drive, 463 through 756 Sedgefield Drive, 430 through 536 Rolling Rock Road, 714 through 756 Fox River Drive and 1706 through 1738 Fox River Drive. We have not been able to ascertain initial house/property prices for this Phase.
 
The Building and Use Restrictions for these lots was recorded on Liber 4506, pages 154-162 dated November 20, 1963. They were amended and recorded on Liber 4509, pages 643-648 dated November 26, 1963. They were amended a second time and recorded on Liber 4579, pages 194-198 dated April 21, 1964.                 
 
As noted in Liber 4579, page 195, Lots 1 and 2 were… for recreational and decorative purposes… (that is where the swimming pools and club house are located) …and under the direction and control of the Fox Hills Community Association.
 
PHASE NO. 2 – BLOOMFIELD FOX HILLS SUBDIVISION NO. 2
Houses built in this Phase were by Smith-Sullivan Building Company and D & M Robinson Land Company (both had formed the Fox Hills Development Company) for Lots 99 through 164 (66 lots) which make up the north eastern section of our Subdivision. They were platted on June 15, 1965 and are recorded on Liber 114, page 27. They include house numbers 1514 through 1820 Hunters Ridge Drive, 761 through 786 Fox River Drive, 716 through 756 Weybridge Drive and 549 through 693 Rolling Rock Road. We have not been able to ascertain initial house/property prices for this Phase.
The Building and Use Restrictions for these lots was recorded on Liber 4706, pages 14-16 dated, April 1, 1965. They were amended and recorded on Liber 4754, pages 293-296 dated July 26, 1965. Revised and recorded on Liber 4862, pages 146-151. They were amended a second time and recorded on Liber 4870, pages 496-502 dated April 7, 1966.
Lots 131 and 132, which are located on the east side of Hunter Ridge Drive at the South Boulevard entrance way, were …to be kept as a park like area... and under the direction and control of the Fox Hills Community Association. Lots 141, 142, 143, 144 and 145 along with the next lot which is part of Bloomfield Fox Hills Sub No.4 and was not numbered, together these three lots-144,145 and the unnumbered lot were called Outlot ‘A’ were …to be used by the Bloomfield Hills School District… That is where the Fox Hills Grade School, entrance drive, parking lot and play area are located as well providing a large grassy play area.
 
PHASE NO. 3 – BLOOMFIELD FOX HILLS SUBDIVISION NO. 3
Houses built in this Phase were by Grant Construction Corporation, Sullivan-Smith Inc. and D & M Robinson Land Company (now known as the Fox Hills Development Company) and Pulte Land Company. It appears that Pulte Land Company assumed the home construction for the other builders so the majority of homes built used Pulte designs. Also some of Pulte home designs are sprinkled throughout Phase 1 and 2. This Phase was one of three (3) called at that time- Fox Hills Green. On the Fox River Drive and Opdyke Road entrance way north brick colonnade, you will see an original Fox Hills Green sign. This Phase used house designs of traditionally Early American Colonials such as the Nantucket, the Georgetown, the Blair, the Williamsburg, the Maxwell and the Hampton. Initial house/property prices ranged from the low 40’s to the mid 50’s. 
This Phase consists of lots 165 through 233 (69 lots) and makes up the western middle section of our Subdivision. They were platted on July 17, 1967 and are recorded on liber 121, pages 36-38. They include house numbers 429 through 708 Weybridge Drive, 1820 Rockledge Lane, 1930 through 1995 Fox River Drive and 1936 through 1996 Hunters Ridge Drive.
The Building and Use Restrictions for these lots was recorded on Liber 5109, pages 791-796 dated October 30, 1967. They were amended and recorded on Liber 5208, pages 23-29 dated June 10, 1968. They were amended a second time and recorded on Liber 5342, pages 676-678 dated April 8, 1969, dealing with lots 222 and 223.       
Lots 231, 232, & 233 were … for recreational and decorative purposes… (that is where the tennis courts and parking lot areas are located) …and under the direction and control of the Fox Hills Community Association.
 
PHASE NO. 4 – BLOOMFIELD FOX HILLS SUBDIVISION NO. 4
Houses built in this Phase were by Pulte Land Company. This Phase was one of three (3) called at that time-Fox Hills Green. On the Fox River Drive and Opdyke Road entrance way north brick colonnade, you will see the original Fox Hills Green sign. Pulte mainly used house designs of traditionally Early American Colonials such as the Nantucket, the Georgetown, the Blair, the Williamsburg, the Maxwell and the Hampton. Initial home/property prices ranged from the low 40’s to the mid 50’s. 
This Phase consists of lots 234 through 261 (29 lots) and makes up eastern middle section of our Subdivision. They were platted on January 8, 1968, and on May 8, 1968, and are recorded on Liber 123, pages 27-29. They include house numbers 1831 and 1844 Rockledge Lane, 1848 through 1933 Hunters Ridge Drive, 1915 and 2000 Bootmaker Lane and 1912 East Spinningwheel Lane.
The Building and Use Restrictions for these lots were recorded on Liber 5208, pages 30-36 dated June 10, 1968. In this Liber, Outlot ‘A’ which consists of lots 144 and 145 and an unnumbered lot next to 145 and lot 248 (part of Bloomfield Fox Hills Sub No.2) …were to be used by the Bloomfield Hills School District…(that is where the open field like area is located next to 1849 Hunters Ridge Drive). They were amended and recorded on Liber 5208, pages 238-242 dated June 11, 1968.
PHASE NO. 5 – BLOOMFIELD FOX HILLS SUBDIVISION NO. 5
Houses built in this Phase were by Pulte land Company. This Phase was one of three (3) called at that time-Fox Hills Green. On the Fox River Drive-Opdyke Road entrance way north brick colonnade, you will see the original Fox Hills Green sign. Pulte used house designs of traditionally Early American Colonials such as the Nantucket, the Georgetown, the Blair, the Williamsburg, the Maxwell and the Hampton. Initial home/property prices ranged from the low 40’s to the mid 50’s. 
This Phase consists of lots 262 through 370 (109 lots) and is the largest home concentration and makes up the southern section of our Subdivision. They were platted on October 1, 1968 and recorded on liber 124, pages 29-32. They include house numbers 1919 through 2091 East Spinningwheel Lane, 1940 through 2008 Post Chaise Court, 2018 through 2082 Post House Court, 510 through 676 South Spinningwheel Lane, 2004 through 2075 Fox Glen Court, 2003 through 2076 Bootmaker Lane, 2002 through 2074 Wickford Court, 2000 through 2072 Stone Hollow Court and 1932 through 2040 West Spinningwheel Lane.                                         
 Building and Land Use Restrictions were recorded on Liber 5282, pages 741-747 dated November 20, 1968.
SUMMARY
371 lots were initially planned to make up Fox Hills Subdivision. However, thirteen (13) lots were assigned for other use than single family houses leaving a total of 358 lots for individual ownership.