Help prevent crime in our neighborhood
· Keep your car locked and in the garage at night.
· Don’t leave valuables in your car.
· Remove the garage door opener from your car if you don’t park it in the garage at night.
· Avoid leaving your car parked on the street overnight. If you can’t put it in the garage, park your car in your driveway.
· Install motion-sensing floodlights around your house.
· Install exterior lighting near all exterior doors.
· Be careful about who knows when you are going on vacation. Ask a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on your house and file a Vacation Notification Form with the Police Department. These forms are available to download from the township website, http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Services/Police/CrimePrevention.asp.
You can reach the Community Liaison officer Kelly Marthen for Bloomfield Township at 248.433.7724.