Click the following links to see local St. Louis media coverage of the Village of Westwood gate issue:
Latest Info: St. Louis Post Dispatch
KMOX Radio 1120am
KSDK News Channel 5
Fox 2 News
St. Louis Post Dispatch
For the latest information regarding the New Interstate 64 (Highway 40) construction project, select this link: http://www.thenewi64.org/
For a copy of the Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and Record of Decisions (ROD), select this link: http://www.thenewi64.org/4_eis_final.jsp
Please review the latest copy of the Village Voice, our Westwood Newsletter, to see what the Trustees are proposing to mitigate the effects of the I-64 construction: Village Voice
Official Project Website
www.thenewI64.org - provides information about all aspects of The New I-64 Project, including traffic closure information and sign-up for email updates.
Regional Road Network Information
www.GatewayGuide.com - provides real-time traffic information about the St. Louis region, in a visual or email format, including all MoDOT construction work and incidents on the interstates.
Info@thenewI64.org - provides next-business-day email response to questions or concerns
511, Regional Traffic Info Line - provides real-time traffic information about the St. Louis region, by phone (available summer 2007)
314-524-9191, The New I-64 Project Info Line - provides live response to callers with questions or concerns about I-64; Monday thru Friday, 8a to 5p. Voicemail option is available at all other times.
1-888-ASK MODOT (888-275-6636) or 314-340-4100, MoDOT Customer Service – provides live response to callers with questions or concerns about any MoDOT issue; 24/7/365
Project Information via internet: www.thenewI64.org
Project information via phone: 314-524-9191
Real-time traffic information via email/internet: www.gatewayguide.com
Real-time traffic information via phone: 511
Project website www.thenewI64.org
Project Overview – Summary information and highlights of the project
Construction Zone – Traffic Advisories, Construction Schedule and Regional Traffic Improvements
Newsroom – I-64 Project Headlines, including the most recent news releases; Speakers’ Bureau; newsletters; related fact sheets; link to newsletter and email notice sign up list
Commuter Alternatives – List of recommended alternatives, including links to Metro and RideFinders
Taking Care of Business – Section of website not developed yet. Will provide general recommended access to business districts and sections.
Workforce Development – Information about maximizing opportunities for minority and female workers and DBE firms.
Information Zone – A series of frequently asked questions with answers
Contact Us – Email and telephone information for Public Information Managers for Gateway Constructors and MoDOT; a link to the comment form that will be answered by project staff; a link to subscribe to Project Emails and newsletters
List of Functions:
- Provides news and advisories related specifically to the I-64 project
- Provides year-by-year construction schedules
- Provides a project overview with segment maps (PDF format) for users to view, download and/or print
- Provides an animation of the future I-64/I-170 interchange
- Provides a list of public meetings and events
- Provides suggestions for commuters as well as links to a variety of other commuter resources, including RideFinders and Metro
- Provides opportunities to sign up for newsletters and email updates
- Offers businesses, chambers and business districts the opportunity to link to our websites to support business access information
- Provides referral information for Workforce Development and DBE firm utilization
- Answers many FAQs about the project
Home – Provides real-time map of regional road network with closures and incident information
About Gateway Guide – Describes current and future features being added to improve roadway efficiency and safety
Contact Us – provides email link to send comment or question, local office main phone number and names of key personnel for public contact issues
ITS Schematic – Under Construction
Updates – Past, Present, and Future ITS Developments in Missouri
FAQ – Series of frequently asked questions about Gateway Guide
Motorist Assist – Information about MoDOT’s program to assist motorists, including covered routes, services available, traffic befits and accident-reduction results.
List of Functions
- Provides real-time traffic updates for the regional road network
- Provides specific info on incident locations and emergency closures
- Provides an exhaustive list of links to other transportation and regional resources
- Will provide Origin-Destination routing that uses current construction info/road status
- Provides relevant info to highway motorists via changeable message boards
- Will provide estimated travel time information on message boards in the near future
- Provides accurate traffic information used by virtually all local St. Louis media
511 Traffic Information Phone Line - Provides real-time traffic conditions by phone for Interstate highways, by direction and location
Project Info Line: 314-524-9191 - Provides live answer (M-F, 8a-5p) with response to questions and concerns within one business day. Callers may leave a voicemail during all other times.
Project Info Email Address – Info@thenewI64.org - An email inbox that will connect to the comments section of the Project website. Project staff will email responses to comments, questions and concerns.
MoDOT Customer Service – 1-888-ASK MODOT (888-275-6636) or 314-340-4100 - Provides 24/7/365 response for urgent concerns, or callers who are unsure of where to call